Condemnation & Eminent Domain

  • Road Widenings - Assist Association in seeking maximum settlement from county or state highway department when Association lands are taken for road widening projects.
  • Takings of walls, fences and entrance way features - Advise client on impact of loss of community betterments, seek to increase settlement and fashion better cure to loss of betterments attempting to put client in as good as position after the taking as before.
  • Eliminating or interfering with access to and from community – Work diligently to make sure that Association members and guests have an easy of access to their neighborhood after the taking as before or better.
  • Lack of appreciation of Association easement rights - Advise county or state highway department as to the nature, extent and necessity of easement rights held by Association clients and work to preserve those rights to the extent possible after taking.
  • Need to obtain Right of Way Utilization Permit - Assist Association is obtaining permits when needed to be allowed to use public right of ways for Association purposes such as signage, irrigation systems, lighting and/or walls or fences.